For my third CCR I wanted to answer the question how did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? I'm going to be answering this in the context of an online cooking show where I talk about random things while I make food.
Technologies I used:
The main technology I used was my phone. I used it to film my entire opening and I used it to transfer all the videos onto my OneDrive. From there I was able to access the videos from my computer and upload them into Clipchamp. I used Clipchamp not only to edit my entire portfolio project, but also to edit my company logo and speed up any screen recordings I took in order to put them on my blog. also used Canva to create the font and the company logo.
Another big thing I used was Blogger itself. Without it I wouldn't have been able to document my progress, it also helped me organize my thoughts and make my project seem more manageable because I just had to take it step by step and upload what I was doing.
Something I also used a lot was Pinterest. I used it to get pictures that matched the ideas I had in my head. I also used that website to create mood boards for all my characters. I also used Freesound.org to find audio that I couldn't make myself with foley, Like two little kids playing and having fun together.
Script:
Hello and welcome back to Madi makes a midnight snack
Today we will be making a grilled cheese sandwich
The start time is _____
And many of you will be asking, (Madi are you finally going to talk about what you're making)
the answer to that, would be no
If you want a grilled cheese recipe you can (with editing) look it up
Anywhoooo
Today I'm going to discuss something I've been working on for a while now
"Omg what is she talking about" "Wow she has interests" "That's crazy bro"
Will you let me talk please
I've been doing this really cool project in AICE media studies where I had to plan, film, and edit an entire 2 minute film opening
"Are you kidding" "You couldn't do that" "Be so for real right now"
Shhh
Well I used a lot of resources that helped me a lot
One of the most important type of technology I used was... (insert image of fancy camera) my phone!
I know kids these days
But I'm not a pro filmmaker and I don't have access to a (clears throat and checks notes that came out of nowhere) Canon EOS C400
I used my phone to film my entire project and then transferred my best shots to One Drive
One drive was really important because it allowed me to store all my best takes and transfer them to a somewhere I could easily edit them
"Where's that"
The Batcomputer
No but seriously my laptop might have been one of the most essential things for this project
Without it I wouldn't have been able to access my editing platform, Canva, Blogger, and so many more apps and websites that were important in my project.
"could you be more vague"
Do you want a list
(crickets)
Okay fine (deep breath)
*Insert credits
Pinterest
Canva
Blogger
Clipchamp
Freesound.org
And that's everything!
Now some of the most important websites I used out of that list were Canva where I was able to design fonts, and the company logo
I used Pinterest to look up ideas and create mood boards for the characters and their outfits
I used Clipchamp to edit my entire project
I used Freesound.org to find audio for sounds I couldn't make with foley
and not for my lack of trying either (insert VERY embarrassing video of me trying to sound like a little kid)
Yeah... I decided not to go with foley on that one
Finally, I used Blogger to post about my progress
The rest of the sites mentioned were critical to my research and therefore the project itself.
I really couldn't have made my project without every single resource listed above and I'm so grateful to have access to resources such as these
conclusions:
I really enjoyed working on this question, because even though it was just me walking though the different things I used to make my project possible, I was able to do it while thinking about how someone from the future might think about it. I feel like I answered the question thoughtfully and will also be able to also make it entertaining to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment